The CHIP Dataset
We provide a dataset with 2185 CPUs and 2668 GPUs to help researchers
understand the development trend of CPUs and GPUs.
Here are some interesting findings:
- Moore's Law still holds, especially in GPUs.
- Dannard Scaling is still valid in general.
- CPUs have higher frequencies, but GPUs are catching up.
- GPU performance doubles every 1.5 years.
- GPU performance improvement is a joint effect of smaller
transistors, larger die size, and higher frequency.
- High-end GPUs tends to first use new semiconductor technologies.
Low-end GPUs may use old technologies for a few years.